Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tuesdays with Morrie

          While I was reading in class today, I had to try my utmost best not to tear up. I failed. My glasses got foggy and I had to grab a tissue to clean the lens, all while looking straight down so my classmates would not be able to see me. There is no way to describe what I felt in that moment, honestly, I don't know why I even did sweat from my eyes. I'll try?

         Tuesday's with Morrie wasn't meant to be a tearjerker. The only reason I cried, is that I'm just really weak against these heartfelt moments. To be honest, I believe it's the exact opposite of a tearjerker. It makes you feel better about yourself. When you see Morrie not giving up even in the face of adversity, it relieves you... Somehow. I can't explain it. Really. It makes your heart feel warm inside. That's all I can say.

       Bucket List

  • Play in a global tennis tournament.
  • Reach 1000 in the world. (Give or take a few 0s)
  • Go camping.
  • Shoot a wild animal.
  • Go to Japan.
  • Go to a Japanese festival.
  • Eat Japanese candy.
  • Eat regular Japanese food.
  • Learn how to speak Japanese.
  • Make more Japanese friends.
  • Go visit the Phillippines again.
  • Pay my respects to my grandparents.
  • Meet with my Grandma before she leaves (Thank you Morrie).
  • Get an honest job.
  • Support myself.
  • Start a family.
  • Be happy.

1 comment:

  1. In Mexico they sell Japanese peanuts which in my opinion are the best in the world. I did a bit of research and noticed that most of the candy from Japan has unique flavors such as putting an ice cream flavor within a piece of Japanese candy. I agree with you that this book makes you feel better about yourself and it teaches us to overcome life's adversities without giving up. I think being a hard working person with kindness towards family, friends, and stranger will truly help you progress in this life. That is why Tuesdays with Morrie is such an excellent novel. Great Blog Post.

    ReplyDelete