Monday, May 18, 2015

Reflection Blog

          As I've stated in my graduation speech before,  my experiences at Heritage have been full of fun, achievement, and stupidity. But the thing is, the occasions where stupidity was present began from frequently to rarely by the end of the year.

_________________________________________________________________________
1 and 5
          There are three things that have really changed me so far in the year. A type of writing that actually helped me get better grades, a new addiction, and words on paper.
          TIQA is a new form of writing that I use whenever I have to. I don't really like it, at all, but it works. I'm the type of person that does not like structured work. I do things in the most efficient and productive way to get the best outcome. TIQA is only one form of writing, and it's very structured. To me, that is both a good and bad thing. It gives me a way of writing when I must write formally. But then again, it's structured.

          This new addiction of mine is creating things. Creating. It makes me feel like I'm some kind of king. I move things where I want. I make things the way I want them to be. I do things my way. I can't find a reason why anyone wouldn't fall in love with being a king. This "creation" is design, animation, graphics. I love it.

          Words on a piece of paper is, of course, are books. Tuesdays with Morrie is the most recent. I cried. Several times, know you. Books make you feel something. Something that the author wants you to feel. It's enjoyable.

_________________________________________________________________________
2
         There is one thing that I'll remember this year for my life. That is, this year. It's not like I'll forget the friends I've made, and the things I've enjoyed. I won't forget this entire year. I may forget tiny little details, but they'll always be locked away in a safe named, "Nostalgia".

_________________________________________________________________________
3
         This next question makes me cry.
THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING THAT ANYONE HAS DONE THAT IS NICE TO ME. LEAVE ME TO MY MISERY.
         If I really did say that, every single part of that sentence would be a lie. There have been many nice things that have happened to me because of my classmates. Carlos, he's the greatest person I've ever met. He's always there no matter how many times I annoy him. Whenever I feel lonely, all I've got to do is call him up and he'll make enough time to hang out for a while. Whenever I have something to talk about, no matter how small or stupid, he's going to listen.  Of course, I'll have to do some listening in return, but that's what makes us friends. Thank you.

Thank you class of 2015.

_________________________________________________________________________
4
          I can't stand serious and harsh atmospheres. It feels... awkward. When no one is saying anything because there's this bad feeling in between the entire class. I think it's stupid. It really is.
         If there's a fight between two people, it affects the entire group. People become quiet and the atmosphere becomes hard to talk in. That's where I try to "meddle". I want others to understand that. You shouldn't leave something tough happen. Don't "Let it go", you've got to "Shake it off".

_________________________________________________________________________________
6
          The most challenging part of this school year had to be the moments where I had to juggle a lot of things. I remember this one week where 3 projects were due all at the same time, while I had my state qualifiers coming up and the next ranking tournament. It was a busy week. I didn't really have much free time, but I finished. The thing is, I can't say I did well.

          I received a B on all projects, I missed time by Milliseconds on 3 of my events (0.27s 100 Freestyle. 0.87s 200 Freestyle. 1.6s 100 Butterfly.) I cried a lot that day, and to continue with my bad luck streak, I dropped in the tennis rankings from 70s to 100s. A lot of tears were shed that week. It frigging sucked.

_________________________________________________________________________________
7
         The best piece of writing I've done would have to be the blogs where I actually started early on. There were 4-5 blogs that were pretty recent, last month. They were blogs with headers and an actual format. They looked pretty nice.
        The content also reflected on what I actually though about the topics and books. I'm very proud of what I've done in those blogs. If only I would've done that from the start of the year.

_________________________________________________________________________________
8
         I can't make the classic books that we've read in our class my favorite. Because, to be honest, I was forced to get into those books. It's not that I didn't liked them, don't get me wrong. It's just that, I don't want to label a book as my favorite because someone made me. No.
        Knowing all that, I think my favorite book/series this entire school year would have to be the Maze Runner series. Once I got my hands on those books, I couldn't stop. I would sometimes ignore the teacher and just start reading, and become stubborn once they try to take it away from me. It's just so engrossing. So sad. But mot importantly, it seems "real" and "relatable".

_________________________________________________________________________________
9
           Think every action through. Every single word, every single detail. Think about everything you do. Everything. A single word can mess you up big time. THINK.


_________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment: