Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Testing - January 20, 2015

Describe the most important event. Give at least three reasons why you think it is the most important event.

          You don't really get to know what the plot line of this story will actually be until you reach where I am as of right now. Until you have read the conversation that Cia had with her Dad. Until that part, you don't know that it's going to be filled with gore, you don't know that "The Testing" consists of death, of a man losing their boot only to find out later that your foot is still in that boot. Until that conversation, it seems to be a normal, regular, go-happy book. Not a book of real action.

          While I was reading the first few chapters, the only thing motivating me to read the book was that I had to. I didn't want to read it at all. There was nothing motivating me to like the actual book. There was no connection with the characters. You can't really get to know them and, I want you to know, that even half the time I forget the main character's name. If you want me to truly like the book, make me actually care for the characters as if I want them to win. Make me like her, as if I'm the leader of her fan club or something. Then I'll admit that the book is truly "Great".

          The plot line is the sole thing that will make you continue reading this book. It has so much potential. The Testing, in the public's view, seems to be such an honorable thing that only the best and brightest people make it to The Testing, but no one really knows anything about it. But later in the book, we start to know what it truly consists of. He tells us that he has dreams about the testing... Not dreams, nightmares really. He gives us a story, where he was in the testing, that he saw people die right before his eyes. More specifically, he saw his best friend lose his boot only to later find that there is a severed foot inside. Or that he found another buried under mounds of rubble. That conversation of The Testing, makes you want to know if it's actually true. I, personally, want to see how Cia and her friends react. Either way, I'll enjoy this book.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog Nadrian! Is this a Battle of the Book's book? Also, I found it very difficult to view your blog because of the attack on Titan Gif, please consider revising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadrian -

    I'm glad you are starting to enjoy this book. You diverge from your topic, but come back to it again in the third paragraph. Try and maintain focus in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I like how you were very specific and had great detail in your post.

    ReplyDelete