Friday, December 19, 2014

Courage? This is Mine. - Found Poetry

"She had her own views"

"Different from mine"

"If I didn't... I couldn't represent this county"

"See it through no matter what"

"Think I could face my children otherwise?"

"You rarely win"

"stand in Bob Ewell's shoes a minute."

"We're fighting our friends"

"No matter how bitter things get, they’re still our friends"

"Idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand."

"Sin to kill a mockingbird"

"Mockingbirds... make music for us to enjoy."

I wanted to kind of do a montage of what Atticus has said. I wanted to basically create a conversation that was entirely about courage, to tell you to try and empathize with everyone. First, with Atticus. Empathize with what he's trying to do and why he's doing it and now empathize with Bob Ewell. Empathize the reason why he started to target Atticus' children. I wanted to apply Atticus teachings in his own book. Apply it where it hasn't been applied yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment