Wednesday, December 17, 2014

To Kill a Mockingbird - December 19

Prompt: Describe the similarities and differences between the main character and you.
Pages Read: Finished

          Scout and I, are two almost completely different people, and I don't really think it's a bad thing. I honestly think that Scout and I would never be in the same category as each other, personality-wise, though there are some things that make us alike. But just a small amount.

          There are only a few categories that Scout and I are both in. One being that I'm 13, she's 11 and 8. We're still kind of in our child hood. We're both pretty immature, I honestly think that Scout might be more mature then I am. Sure, she cries about a lot of things, which, I think, is her most immature characteristic, but she understands adults. She understands a lot of things. I also understood, though the only reason I did understand was because of Scout making everything more obvious for the reader. There was a point in time where Atticus stated that Scout wouldn't understand the situation, though she did. She even responded in a way that completely showed her understanding of the situation, making it so the reader would also understand.

          In a situation, where Mr. Tate and Atticus were arguing over what exactly happened in Mr. Ewell's death, she replied to Atticus saying, "Well, it'd be sort of like shootin' a mockingbird, wouldn't it?" Even then, I had to repeat that sentence, that quote, several times to understand where the conversation was headed, and what the conversation meant. Though I know that she's a fictional character. That she shares the same information as Atticus and Heck Tate do because she was created by Harper Lee, if you think of her as a real person, she's pretty smart. Though I can see some moments where her amount of information wasn't realistic, her overall personality and knowledge seemed to be consistent. So we're both of the same age, though I honestly think that our mentality is quite different from each other, Scout being a tiny bit more knowledgeable then I am.

          As I said before, there are many categories that Scout and I are different in. Many categories. Though I can't have my blog be 15 pages long, or even a bit more so I deem it logical that I name only the most important differences. Also, I already have stated one major difference in the previous paragraphs.

          Scout and I are different, in general. I don't agree with some of the things she does, I know that she wouldn't agree at all with the majority of the things that I do and that's why we're different, because we're human beings. To me, if I put Scout in a scenario where she's one of my classmates, a person who I meet daily, I would just think of her as a friend. She would be like Carlos or Nikolas from my class, whom are very different from me. Scout would be just like them.

          Scout and I are not polar opposites. We can't be characterized as foils of each other because, well, I don't believe that there are people whom are completely alike or complete contrasts of each other. I don't believe it's possible. Scout would just be a regular person, like everyone else around me.

4 comments:

  1. I like how you said you were less mature than Scout is. I also like how you explain why you are alike and showing that you guys aren't complete foils. You did a very good job in showing how you guys would get along even though you are quite different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you blog post very amusing. I could see all the major differences between you and Scout. Well, girls do mature a bit faster than males... so yea. Love the connection you made with Scout, Atticus, and Tate. Then you stated they are alike because they are fictional characters by Harper Lee. That is very good analyzation. Then at the end you gave your buddies a shout out (kinda) along with wrapping up your blog post. Very thorough and creative. Good Job Nadrian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Girls do mature a bit faster than males" Stereotypical much???
      Fine, (In an mocking fashion.) "UGH. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. MY MAKEUP IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOURS."

      Delete
  3. Nadrian -

    Your organization helps the reader understand your point. Well done! However, there are several grammatical errors, including fragments, which distract me from your writing.

    ReplyDelete